The Technology Bootcamps are practical workshops on chosen topics addressing existing skill gaps. They are designed to motivate, ignite and inspire the participants and to bring their creative ideas to life.
Bootcamps are immerse training programs that help students and graduates from all backgrounds transition into a tech career. To get a good job you have to add value to your qualifications and stand unique.
Bootcamps offer skills for gainful employment, thus improving livelihoods and enhancing individual competitiveness. Led by subject matter experts / industry experts, the Bootcamps offer attendees the chance to learn something new or finesse existing skills while mingling with peers, forming new relationships and networking with professionals from the target industry.
The skills gap is real – and it has serious consequences
With the unemployment rate still persistently high and the number of people looking for jobs picking up, employers consistently express the need to hire more. This is an evidence of a severe skills gap. As technology evolves, employers search for workers with the appropriate set of skills.
As a result, nearly half of employed “less-skilled” workers feel that they are missing growth opportunities and salary raise. Products and services offered by these “half- baked” workers are equally affected. In addition, companies’ profit is being hurt.
We have got to constantly be reskilling, upskilling and moving.
The global citizenship - an economic opportunity or a problem?
The globalized economy has come with the following:
- Accelerated shift in job market toward high-skill, high service, and high-creativity employment
- Careers that span multiple jobs, positions and skill-set, some of which have not yet been invented
- A global competitive employment market
- Less stable employment relationships and the need to prepare for multiple careers over one’s lifetime
- Ever more capable ICT and vastly increased access to information and misinformation
- Global challenges such as economic instability, climate change, and limitations on resources such as fresh water and petroleum: More people and fewer resources
Tech Bootcamps - The 'new' trade campuses of the future
Now, with a heightened focus on technology, many people are turning to tech as a trade to learn specific skills that range from coding to virtual reality. Some jobs may not wait for a 4-year degree program. They need workers with skills as soon as possible.
- We target life-long learners, people who want to shift careers
- Professional in a similar industry who want to learn something new so that they can apply right away
- Students graduates who want to be career-ready as fast as possible
- Hobiest who want to move from passive consumers of information technology to real-world creators.
- Students on holiday – who want to make their holiday worth.
We cover a range of module including: Web design, Game programming, 3-D and animation, Coding - Mobile/Desktop web apps, Graphic Design, Digital Media, 3D product designing/asset creation, Data Science and Real world programing of internet of things(IoT).
Participants are also able to learn the skills they need at any level. There is also room for customized module based on the need of a participant.
- Introductory session on the chosen module/technology tool
- Hands-on collaborative sessions, learning experiences and thought-provoking exercises that promote creativity and innovation
- Presentation rounds for teams to showcase the results of their work
- Showcasing, and celebrating products - Awards ceremony
- Happy Hour and networking
For further questions, comments and/or suggestions, please contact iEARN Kenya via eMail: firstname.lastname@example.org